500g That Red House organic soapberries
- Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. That Red House soapberries are also Certified Organic.
- They are often called ‘soapnuts’, but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
- Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas.
- The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in ‘saponin’ which is nature’s soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
- These Certified Organic soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities.
- By purchasing these soapberries you are supporting the ‘Grow Nepal’ initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soa
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapberries are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Our ‘That Red House’ soapberries are also certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Soapberries can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapberry trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the Nepalese people, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
- Soapberries can be used for washing nappies, but we prefer you keep them for the other laundry in the house, as nappies need a little extra for sanitising.
How do I use soapberries?
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine… its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
- That Red House is an 100% Australian owned company.